i heart this look

3.06.2009


As I've been hanging out over in Flickr (a new habit that really does need a sabbatical already!), I keep running across these incredible-looking photos that have this terrific, vintage look and border to them. They are created using a digital camera to take a photo through a twin-reflex camera viewfinder. These images are called TTV (Through The Viewfinder) images. I'm dying to get a twin-lens reflex camera for my birthday so I can do this the real way, but for now, I used a processing trick in Photoshop by creating a mask with this free TTV border. I totally love the results on these... I don't have time to play with them as much as I would like now, but at least I can say I know how, right?

2 comments:

Shelli said...

I love this too! You did a great job. I have not put much time into learning Photoshop, and I feel really bad about that. I just haven't been spending much time on my computer lately. And when I do, there's so much to be distracted by! I really need to focus on something again.

beautiful photos!

Anonymous said...

Wow, super cool! Something else to play with!!

 
 
All material (photos and text, except as otherwise noted) © Informal Moments Photography 2003-2010.
Template design by Kelly Langner Sauer. Hosted at Blogger.