Fifty-Seven - And the Wind Came Through

3.01.2009

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul.
~Psalm 143:8

This morning, it rained. Boy did it rain. I ducked out onto the porch to try to capture some of it, and just as I had focused on the leaves in the foreground here, the wind picked up and tossed them into the picture.

I absolutely loved the result! It's one of those captures that only happen once; I'll never see the same thing again. This was the shot that kept coming back to me this morning, so it makes my 57/365! I did do a bit of post-processing on this shot - I thought it'd be a bit more romantic in sepia. Never thought I had a great view from our front porch. Guess I was wrong!

I prayed the above verse this morning - what a lovely word of love...

5 comments:

e.o.w. said...

This is gorgeous. And so vivid! And thank you for the verse. I'll hold this in my prayers as well.

ELK said...

mother nature in all her glory ~you caught it so well....blessings ELK

Sweet Peripety said...

oh this is SO cool!!!!!!

the Joneses said...

Oh, I love this. Would you happen to have it in color also?

-- SJ

Kelly Sauer said...

SJ, I don't have it in color at the moment, but I could re-edit. It was very, very gray... LOTS of rain!

 
 
All material (photos and text, except as otherwise noted) © Informal Moments Photography 2003-2010.
Template design by Kelly Langner Sauer. Hosted at Blogger.