4:8 Project - Good

3.27.2009


"Therefore they shall come and sing in the height of Zion, streaming to the goodness of the LORD— for wheat and new wine and oil, for the young of the flock and the herd; their souls shall be like a well-watered garden, and they shall sorrow no more at all.

“Then shall the virgin rejoice in the dance, and the young men and the old, together; for I will turn their mourning to joy, will comfort them, and make them rejoice rather than sorrow... and My people shall be satisfied with My goodness, says the LORD.”
(Jer. 31:12-14)

Last night, I read myself to sleep in the Psalms, sad and afraid and groaning with the rest of Creation for Jesus' quick return. I knew I wanted to post this shot today, but I wasn't sure what passage to put with it. This one brought tears to my eyes with its reminder of our hope, the goodness of the Lord. He is good, and though the mountains are shaken and the earth is removed and the sorrow of it all may overwhelm, He will restore and heal and renew.

I wish I could share this with the man in my photo. He seemed so sad. "Don't be sad! He is good, and your mourning will be turned to joy!"
__________________________

This photo is for my 4:8 Project, a project which I started to focus my photographical eye on the words in Philippians 4:8. Each time I post a photo for this project, anyone is welcome to comment with a permalink to a photo of their own for any of the words in the list below, from several different versions of the verse.

Each month, I plan to award the owner of one photo an 8x10 or 8x8 print of their choosing from my daily photos.

NOTE - Photos do not have to be professional quality. I'm just looking at how the word you chose makes the viewer consider your photo...

true
noble
right
just
honorable
pure
lovely
admirable
commendable
excellent
virtue
good
praiseworthy
reputable
authentic
compelling
gracious
good report

____________________________________________

Today's 4:8 Project honoree is Marcie, whose picture of "gracious" offers such a lovely perspective on His grace...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I love the photo. He does look so sad and I hope that he knows the Good News of Jesus. On a lighter note here is a post for the word True.
http://teriargo.wordpress.com/2009/03/26/85365/
Have a good weekend:)

{Pure} Essence said...

It really makes me wonder about his thoughts... I love shots like this.

Here is one for the word Lovely.... http://www.flickr.com/photos/remolinodepapel/3390396955/

 
 
All material (photos and text, except as otherwise noted) © Informal Moments Photography 2003-2010.
Template design by Kelly Langner Sauer. Hosted at Blogger.