I ♥ Faces Contest - Adult

2.17.2009

The category this week at I ♥ Faces is Wonder. I had watched these sisters all day as they played around, getting ready for the wedding moment that would separate them by relationship, by time, by hundreds of miles, but it wasn't until this moment, when the younger sister moved to lift her sister's veil, that what was happening became real. The absolute wonder on her face as she looked into her older sister's eyes and saw her as a bride for the first time still makes me cry to see, two years later.


Be sure to stop by and check out the other adult entries. They're pretty great!

[UPDATE: This photo placed 7th in the top ten! Check out the other finalists here!]

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful!

Jessy, Greg, Grace, Jack, Nora, and Lexi said...

Wow! What a great story to go along with the picture. That made me take a second look and brought tears to my eyes.

Andrea said...

Beautiful photo, beautiful emotion you captured here. I'm sure this is one they will treasure forever.

ELK said...

kelly
so true
so happy
so sad
......
you caught it
ELK

Suki said...

Wow, that's a very very good photo.
You captured this moment very well!!

The Animator's Wife said...

Oh, how sad and beautiful!

Carleen said...

It is so lovely!

Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful!

Josie said...

You caught an amazing moment. Nice job!!

Megan@SortaCrunchy said...

Amazing capture. Just stunning.

Anonymous said...

I don't even know them and I'm crying! Definitely WONDER here. WHAT is going to happen to us?

Carebear said...

The picture is stunning by itself -love the timeless feeling of the coloring/processing and the expression in the eyes of the sister. But when I read your caption, it carried the photo to another level for me. Lump in my throat here! Congrats on your top ten win!

Unknown said...

Perfect picture! I love it!

 
 
All material (photos and text, except as otherwise noted) © Informal Moments Photography 2003-2010.
Template design by Kelly Langner Sauer. Hosted at Blogger.