Forty-Three - Surrounding

2.15.2009


I got really sidetracked from my "only one quick shot" this morning. REALLY sidetracked. While photojournalism is my first love, I've not had a lot of people to shoot recently, so I've been experimenting with composition, creating something to photograph for my daily photo ops. This morning, I dropped a tulip into a wine glass of water, set it in the sunlight, and bam. Click, click, clickety. I got 119 shots, and most of them were really good SOOC. I only touched them up for artistic preference.

This shot is the one I kept coming back to for my 365 photo of the day - I love the swirls in the water surrounding the tulip, the hints of light, the deep colors, the bright air trapped between petal and water. The very close second choice was this one.
 
 
All material (photos and text, except as otherwise noted) © Informal Moments Photography 2003-2010.
Template design by Kelly Langner Sauer. Hosted at Blogger.