72/365 - Impressions in Peach

3.16.2009


It's raining today, and the strangely green dogwood blossoms across the street need sunlight. Every so often, I like to warm things up in Photoshop because it fits my mood a bit better than the light and colors I am given. It's what I love about art and having the tools to make it an expression of myself. This shot was great SOOC, but I am totally in love with the peachy tones I got while playing with the color in post-processing!

Weekend Giveaway Results: Congratulations to Claudia/Gnubee/Cosi, whose photos I absolutely love, and whose name my Piper drew to win the lovely painted pear print this morning!

For those who commented, I am offering you a special giveaway rate if you would like to order and own a painted pear print:

*4x6 print for $10 (normally $15)
*8x12 print for $28 (normally $35)

Just drop me an email with your size request and your mailing address.

And just to note, prints of almost all of the photos on this blog are available for sale; just email me your request (size and photo).

Please allow two-three weeks for prints to arrive - getting to the post office with a toddler is an adventure!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is pretty. I am enjoying your photos. I like the way you see the world.

Anonymous said...

Oh this is beautiful! Something about dogwoods I just love. I did an oil based on a photo I took once and it's hanging in my dining room. Lovely.

Kelly Sauer said...

ooh - I'd love to see the painting! Do you have a photo anywhere?

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

I like the tones you stumbled upon here. It suits this image so much nicer than the green, although that was lovely, too.

SE'LAH... said...

I once saw a ceramic wine-bottle stopper just like this in the mountains of Georgia. Thanks for the pleasant reminder. Lovely photo.

Anonymous said...

this is soooo gorgeous! I love how you totally changed the look of the SOOC pic! Great processing!

 
 
All material (photos and text, except as otherwise noted) © Informal Moments Photography 2003-2010.
Template design by Kelly Langner Sauer. Hosted at Blogger.