4:8 Project: Whatever Is...

2.08.2009

This morning, I decided that I'm going to rework my Project 365 a bit and incorporate a mini-series of photos based on Philippians 4:8 (in several versions - NKJV, ESV, NIV, and The Message). Using the Shutter Sisters One-Word Project as a jumping-off point, I'm planning to shoot around one word from this verse each day (true, noble, right, just, honorable, pure, lovely, admirable, commendable, excellent, virtue, good, praiseworthy, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious) and spend my photography time looking for things that remind me of Him, instead of simply chasing a good photo.

I would love for you to join me in this project - if you shoot a photo that fits my word of the day (or any of the words above), please leave me a permalink to the photo in your comment. Each day, I will honor a photo I have received in a comment from someone that fits one of the words above. Every four weeks, I will select the owner of one photo submitted to choose and receive an 8 x 12 print of any photo of mine.

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things. (Philippians 4:8)
 
 
All material (photos and text, except as otherwise noted) © Informal Moments Photography 2003-2010.
Template design by Kelly Langner Sauer. Hosted at Blogger.